Advice and Resources for Moving your Practice Online
We will be updating this page as and when we receive any new resources. If you have anything which you think might be of help to your IPT UK colleagues, please send them through to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can add them to this webpage.
You can access guidance given to the ISIPT community from John Markowitz by clicking here. This document has some very practical tips about how best to conduct therapy sessions online.
The Headspace app and website has a collection of free online meditation/mindfulness sessions. You can access these here.
You can also click here for a summary of the evidence for telephone-based IPT.
- Paper one can be downloaded here.
- Paper two can be downloaded here.
- Paper three can be downloaded here.
Here are some resources (not specific to IPT) which can offer support to your patients:
World Health Organisation, NHS, Public Health England & Local Authorities
- WHO guide: broad ranging mental health and psychosocial considerations. Click here to download the guide.
- World Health Organisation - Coping with stress leaflet
- World Health Organisation - Mental Health Considerations during COVID-19 Outbreak
- World Health Organisation - Preparedness, prevention and control of COVID-19 in prisons and other places of detention
- Public Health England: Click here
- NHS Covid-19 Information Governance Advice: Click here
- Yorkshire & Humber Public Health Network: Click here
Young People's Mental Health
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust: COVID-19 Hibernation pack and First Aid Kit
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust: Healthy Minds Advice Leaflet for COVID-19
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust: Surviving Isolation leaflet
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust: Self-Care kit
- The BPS importance of talking to children about Coronavirus. Click here to view.
- The BPS offers advice to schools, parents and carers to help children through the uncertainty of school closures. Click here to view.
- The Anna Freud Centre have released information regarding supporting young people's mental health during periods of disruption. Click here to view.
- An illustration for children "What's going on in the world?" - Click here
- Useful resources for families and schools to use during the period of closure and general support during this time: Click here
Offering Therapy Online/Via Phone
- BACP have released some resources for how to work ethically and effectively online. Click here to view.
- DCP Digital Healthcare Sub-Committee - top tips for providing effective therapy via video. Click here to view
- Vivian Polak has released some top tips for providing telemedicine. Click here to view.
- Telehealth Service in Infant Mental Health Home Visiting: Click here
- College of Sexual & Relationship Therapists - Guidance for providing therapy and services online: Click here to view
- Guidance for psychological professionals during the Covid-19 pandemic: Click here
Community Support, Benefits & Housing
- Benefits assessments suspended. Click here to view.
- Community Support: COVID-19 Mutual Aid UK
- Click here to view AgeUK's guidance regarding Coronavirus
- COVID-19: guidance for residential care, supported living and home care
Mental Health Resources
- Mind: this page is particularly useful (entitled 'Coronavirus and your wellbeing'), which includes managing hand washing and anxiety, daily activities and anxiety more generally
- NAMI guide: managing anxiety, being quarantined at home, sources of support, practical tips. Click here to download the guide.
- CDC Managing stress and anxiety: this page includes ways of supporting others and taking care of yourself, including healthcare professionals and normalizing post-quarantine responses
- Positive Psychology: 2020 crisis kit, including mindfulness meditation and explorations of control/being out of control and positive action. Click here to download.
- See the Lancet paper here about the psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it.
- Recovery College Online - General information and signposting
- Recovery College Online - Coping during the pandemic (free course)
- Covid-19: Mental Health Information from National Survivor User Network
- Mental Health Foundation: How to look after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Royal College of Psychiatrists: Community and inpatient services - COVID-19 guidance for clinicians
- World Economic Forum: Managing mental health during coronavirus - experts around the world share insights
- Mental Health and Wellbeing and COVID-19 Resources: Click here
- Association of Clinical Psychologists: Advice for remote working in Clinical Psychology
- Dr Kate Castle: Psychological resilience through the pandemic (CBT)
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Emotional Wellbeing: Tips for Healthy Routines and Rhythms During Unpredictable Times